Rufus the rescue dog is being called a hero for saving the life of a toddler who was choking by waking up her mom. Emily Grunnion had only been fostering the labrador and springer spaniel mix for a few days when he barked and tugged on her arm to wake her up.
And that’s when she realized something was wrong with her 21-month old daughter Betsy, who was choking on her own vomit while suffering from a stomach bug. Grunnion was able to clear her little girl’s throat thanks to Rufus, who she calls a lifesaver. “Rufus is so clever, he sensed something was wrong,” she says. “I dread to think what would have happened if he hadn't been there.”
Grunnion has been a volunteer with the group Labradors in Need, which finds homes for rescued labradors, for a while, but Rufis is the first dog she’s fostered. And because she already has two dogs of her own, she can’t keep this four-legged hero. But after his act of heroism, we don’t think he’ll have a hard time finding a forever home.
Source: Daily Mail