Sometimes you have to trust your instincts and thankfully Angie Harty of Austin, Minnesota did because it probably saved two lives. When she went to pick up her neighbor’s granddaughter for carpool, they said they weren’t feeling well, so she went on without them.
But something just didn’t seem right to Harty, and as she drove her daughter to school, she says she had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. So she stopped the car and called the 911 to get officers to go check on the situation.
“In fact I told the dispatcher, ‘I think it’s carbon monoxide’,” she says - and she was right! Harty and her husband were able to get the little girl and the grandma out of the home before officers arrived. They were both dizzy, sweating and the grandmother was worse off because she had been inside longer, but because of Harty listening to her gut, her neighbors are expected to make a full recovery.