Cat Bites Sleeping Owner Awake During Fire

Thanks to their pet, a family in Canada is safe after a fire burned their home while they were asleep. Their cat noticed the flames and pawed its way into its owner’s bedroom and bit the mom on the arm to warn her of the blaze.

The County of Grande Prairie Fire Department in Alberta, Canada confirm that the feline was partially responsible for saving the family from the fire. “A cat is being credited with alerting a family to a fire in their home early this morning,” County of Grande Prairie Fire Chief Trevor Grant says in a news statement. “The family escaped the home without any injuries.”

Thankfully, the pet cat was persistent and kept biting the mother until she woke up, allowing her, the father, and two kids to escape unharmed. The hero kitty and another pet cat were also saved from the flames.

Source: CBS News

98.1 KDD · Akron's Best Music

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel