We had our first elimination of the season of "Dancing With the Stars" last night but before we get there, let's see how the the stars did in their second trips around the ballroom:
- Nancy Kerrigan and Artem Chigvintsev: If Nancy can relax, she could be great. In the meantime, she gave a so-so performance and got a so-so response. The couple pulled in a 28.
- Erika Jayne and Gleb Savchenko: If there's one thing we already know about Erika and Gleb, it's that they're probably going to find a way to make every routine sexy. For week two, Erika uses her sex appeal to get out of a speeding ticket. It's not original, but she got a 28, too.
- Charo and Keo Motsepe: Charo is insane, there's just no way around it. While the pre-dance video gives us an insight into Charo's personal life as she talks about the loss of her parents, she just can't get the routine right. They got 25 and despite being up five points from week one, Charo is still furious and tries to go after the judges. Poor Keo.
- Nick Viall and Peta Murgatroyd: We get our first real look at Nick and his reality show fiancé Vanessa...and how they handle Peta's baby. When it comes to the actual routine, Nick is perfectly fine, but nothing special. Like Nancy, he seems to get in his head and all the judges give him the dreaded "relax" advice. He and Peta pull in a 25.
- Heather Morris and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: During rehearsals, Maks suffered a calf injury so he sat this week out. It's unclear how long he'll be out, but in the meantime Alan Bersten fills in. Their routine includes a hip hop breakdown, which definitely suits Heather's Beyoncè background. As always though, straying from straight up technique does not sit well with Len. It turns out Heather's dance background may actually work against her. She and Alan got a 30.
- Bonner Bolton and Sharna Burgess: There's no doubt Bonner and Sharna have crazy chemistry and their simple routine showed that off big time. While Carrie-Anna Inaba called it "elegant and refined," Len found it too timid and personal. So it goes. Bonner and Sharna went up seven points and ended up with 29.
- Simone Biles and Sasha Farber: Simone easily took the top spot in week one, which means there's only one way to go. While their Cha Cha was fiery, it was a bit out of sync at moments. The judges gave the couple a 29.
- Chris Kattan and Witney Carson: To absolutely no one's surprise, Chris and Witney were at the bottom this week. There was a twinge of sadness to it though because Chris talked about his back surgery and how it's robbed him of his ability to be the physical comedian he used to be. He still relies on what slapstick he can do on the dance floor and for the second week, their routine doesn't have a lot of actual dancing. They got a 22.
- Normani Kordei and Val Chmerkovskiy: The Fifth Harmony singer is in the midst of an insanely busy tour which has her flying around the world while also trying to win the Mirror Ball. She flew in from Japan for last night's show and jetted of to China after it was over...but not before getting one of the highest scores of the night. She and Val pulled in a 32.
- Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater: Is Rashad Jennings the best NFL player to be on "Dancing With the Stars"? Maybe. The man had swag last week and elegance this week. Across the board, the judges are impressed and also give him a 32.
- Mr. T and Kym Herjavec: Mr. T knows he's not a dancer but boy, he has a great attitude about the whole experience. Like Chris, there was very little actual dancing in the routine, but Carrie-Ann thought he nailed whatever moves he did manage. They got a 22.
- David Ross and Lindsay Arnold: The pair closed out the night with a fun routine that proved while David isn't exactly a pro dancer, he is light on his feet and fun to watch. They pulled in a 27.
So who has the dishonor of being the first couple sent home this season? Chris and Witney. Charo and Keo were the only other couple in jeopardy....which means Mr. T has a lot of fans. Here's a look at the leaderboard:
32: Normani Kordei, Rashad Jennings30: Heather Morris29: Bonner Bolton, Simone Biles28: Nancy Kerrigan, Erika Jayne27: David Ross25: Charo, Nick Viall22: Mr. T
Adele only has a few more London shows left on her world tour, and if you didn’t get to catch her this time around you may be out of luck. During her final show in New Zealand, Adele told the crowd that this tour may be her last.
"Touring isn't something I'm good at - applause makes me feel a bit vulnerable. I don't know if I will ever tour again,” she told the crowd at Auckland's Mount Smart Stadium. "The only reason I've toured is you. I'm not sure if touring is my bag. My greatest accomplishment in my career is this tour."
So, if you’re still desperate to see Adele you’re gonna need to head to London this summer, and have a lot of cash. Her four final shows are set for June 28th and 29th, and July 1st and 2nd at Wembley Stadium and they're all sold out...but you could get lucky!
Benedict Cumberbatch is a dad...again. The actor and wife Sophie Hunter have welcomed their second child, son Hal Auden. The newest bundle of joy joins big brother Christopher “Kit” Carlton whose almost two. In other big family news, Sophie has officially taken her hubby's last name. Congrats all around!