“Fate of the Furious” was apparently destined for the top of the box office. The movie had the biggest worldwide opening ever, despite it being the second best US debut in the franchise behind “Furious 7.” The movie also marks a record opening for an African-American director with F. Gary Gray, the best opening for Charlize Theron, and the second best debut stateside for both Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson. The rest of the box office was exactly as expected. “The Boss Baby” slipped to second place while “Beauty and the Beast” rounded out the top three.
- “Fate of the Furious” - $100.1-million
- “The Boss Baby” - $15.5-million
- “Beauty and the Beast” - $13.6-million
- “Smurfs: The Lost Village” - $6.5-million
- “Going in Style” - $6.35-million
Harry Styles made his live solo debut on “Saturday Night Live” this weekend, treating his fans to two songs from his upcoming self-titled solo album. In addition to his recently released single “Sign of the Times,” the One Direction star, dressed in a plaid suit, also debuted the new song “Ever Since New York."
But Harry did more than just sing on the NBC show. He joined host Jimmy Fallon for the opening flash mob to David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance,” and in his funniest bit of the night, impersonated a young Mick Jagger for a “Family Feud” sketch, which had him actually uttering the line “Why would anyone in a successful band go solo? That’s insane.”
He also appeared in a sketch about singing Civil War soldiers, and he soldiered on despite his fake beard falling off during the bit. Check out video of Harry’s performance, and of his Mick Jagger impression to the right.
A Few More Things…
- A bunch of Harry fans camped out at NBC’s 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City to try and nab standby tickets to “Saturday Night Live,” and Harry reportedly treated those committed fans to pizza and trays of kiwi. The fans were also sent apples, coffee and water, although there’s no confirmation on who sent the goodies.
- Harry successfully knocked Ed Sheeran out of the top spot on the British singles chart. After 13 weeks at number one, “Shape of You” was dethroned by Harry’s debut solo single “Sign of the Times.” Harry’s tune has been downloaded 39,000 times and accumulated 3.5 million streams in the UK in the seven days since its release. "Sign of the Times" is expected to debut in the Top Five on the "Billboard" Hot 100. We should find out exactly where later today.
Source: Saturday Night Live
It looks like Elle King is back on the market. The singer was apparently supposed to get hitched to fiancé Andrew “Fergie” Ferguson this past weekend, but went with something a little different: a concert.
Instead, Elle posted a video of herself enjoying an Eagles of Death Metal concert, with the caption, “Skipped out on my wedding. I married Rock & Roll instead so I hopped on tour with EAGLES OF F—ING DEATH METAL.”
Did he show up or give him warning? Who knows. But as you might recall, Elle and Fergie got engaged in February of 2016 under the Golden Gate Bridge. She even picked out her wedding dress on an episode of TLC’s “Say Yes to the Dress,” which you can see on the right.
- While she never officially announced that her engagement may have been over, she appeared to hint at trouble in paradise last month when she posted a picture with her friends, and captioned it, “All my single ladies.”
- And just last week she posted a video in which she appeared to be crying, writing, “Been a really rough and insane start to this year,” and talked about someone trying, “to make me feel a certain way about myself.” Check out Elle’s latest video to the right.
Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky haven’t confirmed any kind of relationship. However, you couldn’t tell that at Coachella. The two were reportedly all over each other at the #WeedMapsOasis party.
The rapper was there to perform, and the supermodel starter kit allegedly showed up with a posse just for him. Another source said that they were even playing around during his set. “Kendall started rapping to A$AP’s song ‘[Screw] Problems,’ and A$AP was laughing at her. She took the big Gucci gobbles he was wearing off his head, put them on, and started dancing.”
Apparently, Kendall and Rocky have been getting close for a while. But neither of them has acknowledged what’s going on. Maybe they will now?
- ONE MORE THING! Kendall wasn’t just there to kick it with Rocky – she actually had business there. She was set to host a party for the Bumble dating app and be a guest DJ for another event. And while she was doing interviews, the one topic that was completely off-limits was her failed Pepsi commercial. In fact, any reporter that tried to get in a fast one had to pay severe consequences. Kendall would be pulled immediately and the outlet would forever be persona non grata.